Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Berry Pancakes

I was in a serious mood for pancakes the other day- when I was faced with a problem: we didn't have any syrup in the house! I looked in the fridge to see if there was anything I could substitute the syrup with and it hit me- why not make a sweet topping out of fresh fruit! Needless to say- it's absolutely delicious, and I've made it numerous times after with waffles and pancakes!

What You'll Need:
Fresh Fruit ( about 2 cups worth)
2 Tablespoons of Sugar
3 Tablespoons of Butter
Your favorite pancake recipe

What to Do:
 Start off by washing the fruit, and cutting it up into chunks (unless they're small like a blueberry or raspberry)

Melt The Butter on a medium-low heat in a pan and add fruit.


Allow fruit to get warm (about 2 minutes) and start mashing the fruit with a wooden spoon (this gets the fruits juices out- which makes it have a syrup-y consistency)


Add the sugar into the fruit mixture


It should look like this when all ingredients are added:


Use this as a topping on your favorite pancake or waffle recipe for a delectable breakfast with tons of flavor!!

No comments:

Post a Comment