Wednesday, December 19, 2012

French Toast with Hot Butter Syrup with Banana Milk Drink

This morning, I really wanted to make something sweet. I decided a French Toast was definitely the way to go, and to just put a spin on the normal syrup we keep in the cabinet.

What You'll Need:
1/2 Cup Half-and-Half
2 Eggs
1 Tablespoon of Sugar
2 teaspoons of vanilla
a dash of salt
a dash of cinnamon
unsalted butter
Whole wheat bread slices
Syrup

What to do:
Take the half and half, eggs, sugar, vanilla, salt and cinnamon in a bowl and whisk together

Melt about a Tablespoon of butter in a skillet over Medium Heat


Dip the toast in the egg mixture on each side to have it completely coated, and put in the frying pan until they brown on each side (about 2 minutes per side)

*If you want your toast to stay warm while cooking the other pieces, put on a baking sheet in the oven at about 250 degrees*


After making all the french toast (mine was about 8 slices), put 2 more Tablespoons of butter in the frying pan and add as much syrup as you want ( I used about 1/2 cup) and stir around for about 30 seconds


Take the syrup mixture and poor over French Toast. I love this syrup mixture because it seems to stick to the toast more than just plain old syrup that falls off the toast. My husband said this is the best syrup he's had.(which all you do is add butter) so thats a quick fix to make some awesome syrup!


I also made as my drink a Banana Milk Shake
I combined all these ingredients in my magic bullet, and had a yummy frothy tasting banana shake

Ingredients:
 1 Cup of Milk
1 Ripe Banana
2 Tablespoons of Syrup
1 teaspoon of vanilla
and a pinch of nutmeg

No comments:

Post a Comment